Prof. Alessandro P. Scarso
Branch Manager Milan
- Via C.G. Merlo 1 - 20122 Milano - Italy
- +39 02 7611 3100
- Legal AdviceRestructuring, Receivership, Consumer, Insolvency Law, Legal Advice, Restructuring, Consumer Insolvency Law
Prof. Alessandro P. Scarso counsels clients in contract planning, administration and dispute resolution matters nationally and internationally in insolvency law, banking and finance (including real estate finance, asset and project finance and other secured, structured finance products, syndicated lending and debt portfolio acquisitions) and general corporate law.
Alessandro has extensive experience in both the litigation and commercial aspects of corporate law as well as bankruptcies, receiverships, work-outs and enforcement of creditors’ rights and remedies.
He is qualified both as an "Avvocato" and as a Chartered Accountant (Dottore Commercialistaand Revisore contabile) in Italy, and is admitted to the bar as a "Avvocato" at the Chambers of Lawyers of Frankfurt am Main.
Alessandro is tenured Professor of Civil Law at Bocconi University, Milan, and has taught at a plurality of both Italian and foreign universities (such as ESADE Barcelona, Freie Universität Berlin, Wirtschaftsuniversität Wien, Uniwersytet Jagielloński W Krakowie, The Catholic University of America - Washington D.C., and Universität Zürich). He is a frequent speaker at national and international conferences and is the author, co-author, editor and co-editor of several books, articles, and notes, published both in Italy and abroad, including «Property Finance – An International Approach», Wiley, 2015 (editor of Part II).
- Successful lead counsel of a bank over a 20-month-period in the Euro 1 Billion restructuring process (pursuant to Sect. 182-bis ff. Italian Bankruptcy Act) of its borrower, a major real-estate group in Italy
- Advising one of the largest German Banks with reference to insolvency issues under Italian law related to the Italian subsidiary (having > 400 employees) of its borrower (a German Company)
- Successfully assisted a bank in the objection to a merger following a Judicial Composition with Creditors-proceedings (pursuant to Sect. 160 ff. Italian Bankruptcy Act) involving its borrower and in the subsequent Judicial Composition with Creditors filed solely with reference to its borrower (overall claims of the Bank amounted to approx. Euro 35 Million)
- Advised a foreign bank in a Euro 70 Million purchase of a Syndicated-Loan related to a real estate development Project
- Advised a bank acting as Lead Arranger and Agent in a > Euro 100 Million-Syndicated Loan
- Lawyer (‘Avvocato’)
- Chartered Accountant (‘Dottore Commercialista’ and ‘Revisore Contabile’)
- Tenured Professor of Civil law at Bocconi University, Milan
- Member of INSOL
- Member of the Turnaround Management Association
- Member of the Italian Association of Civil Law Scholars (Associazione Civilisti Italiani)
- Member of the Italian Society of Construction Law (ISCL)
- Fellow of European Centre of Tort and Insurance Law (ECTIL)
- Founding member of the World Tort Law Society (WTLS)
- Founding member of the Chinese European Arbitration Centre (CEAC)
- Legal consulting and representation with reference to banking law, Finance, Distressed M&A, construction law, corporate law and tax law