Insolvency and Restructuring
GlassRatner is a frontrunner in advising several parties through insolvency proceedings, and is consistently ranked as one of the most active bankruptcy consulting firms in the United States.
We handle a wide variety of roles, such as:
- Debtors Representation in Insolvency Proceedings
- Creditors Representation in Insolvency Proceedings
- Financial Restructuring
- Valuation Disputes
- Valuation Reports and Opinions
Debtors Representation In Insolvency Proceedings
GlassRatner has advised the debtor(s) in the following capacity:
- Recovery planning and development
- Budgeting and cash flow forecasts
- DIP financing and/or exit financing, including negotiations with lenders
- Operating metric reports and tracking systems
- Creating plans of reorganization (POR), including negotiations with lenders, creditors and other parties-in-interest
- Financial performance monitoring
- Liquidation of non-core business assets
- Sale of part or all of a company as a going concern in a Section 363 sale
- Assuming interim management level responsibilities, including Chief Operating Officer, Chief Restructuring Officer, Treasurer, Chief Financial Officer and Chief Executive Officer
Creditors Representation In Insolvency Proceedings
GlassRatner has assisted the creditor(s) in the following capacity:
- Debtor’s operations and ongoing capability
- Viability of a plan of reorganization (POR) and alignment with the best interests of the creditors
- Advisability of a Section 363 or Article 9 sale as part of a mergers and acquisitions plan
- Valuation of debtor’s assets
- Liquidation scenarios
- Recovery augmentation through examination of possible preference actions, reasonable subordination actions, fraudulent conveyances and/or management malfeasance
GlassRatner is often engaged to help in restructuring the business’s capital make-up and balance sheet. This process may consist of raising extra capital and organizing workouts with lenders and creditors. The goal of restructuring is to grow a capital structure for the company that is constant with its operating ability and asset mix.
GlassRatner is engaged on a regular basis to carry out business valuations and solvency opinions in complex commercial litigation matters. Our valuation experts employ complex and critical analysis to the pertinent external and internal factors influencing value that is unique to each assignment.
Valuation Reports & Opinions
In addition to complex enterprise and equity valuation abilities, GlassRatner offers full-service client assistance across intellectual property, working capital, tangible assets and other intangible assets, derivatives, debt, contingency components, lost business value damages, lost profits & royalty-based damages, and investments.
GlassRatner is engaged on a regular basis to carry out business and asset valuations, solvency opinions and fairness opinions for countless non-litigation purposes.