It can be tempting, and convenient, for mining companies to abandon their corporate social responsibility initiatives when experiencing financial distress. However, Piers Marsden cautions that this could spiral into costly shutdowns, production losses, and even violence. Read more here
Mitigating Social Unrest During Restructuring or Turnaround
Download our expert insights below.
Related Case Studies
Posted in: Manufacturing and Engineering
Evraz Highveld Steel and Vanadium Limited
Evraz Highveld is the second largest steel manufacturer in South Africa. It is the country’s only producer of heavy structural steel products and only one of five such companies in the world.
Posted in: Mining and Metals
Chrome and Platinum Mine
Umnotho weSizwe Resources (Pty) Ltd (“UWR”), based in South Africa, owns and operates a chrome and platinum group metals mine with proven reserves of 20 million tons of premium grade chrome.
- The Panama Paper Chase
- Begbies Traynor Group launches worldwide insolvency, restructuring and financial advisory group
- BTG Global Advisory Announces Further Expansion
- Basler Fashion Group undergoing Restructuring as Debtor in Possession
- Law firm MEYER Rechtsanwälte Insolvenzverwalter to merge with PLUTA
- Dr. Christian Kaufmann and Mr. Áticus Ocaña further Managing Directors of PLUTA
- PLUTA wins European CEO Award 2015