- 5 Avenue de Messine, Paris, 75008, France
- +33 (1) 44 71 08 08
- Restructuring & Turnaround Professional, Turnaround Professional
Zalis SAS - Toulouse
Daniel Cohen has over 20 years’ experience in running companies. After creating Zalis at the end of 2001, he has led over a hundred projects, acquiring his reputation in company turnarounds due to his knowledge of risk management both from a technical and financial perspective.
He has recently lead the following projects:
- Appointment as the President of the Board of Directors (Leisure & Tourism industry) through a handover of operational functions (4000 employees, 460M€);
- Turnaround of a company in the hotel and leisure industry, 400M€ financial debt restructuring, entrance of a new shareholder in the capital structure, alteration in governance structure with access to the supervisory board (6000 employees, 500M€);
- Financial restructuring of a real estate company (home builder) in France (3000 employees, 800M€);
The successful strategic reshaping of an international video games company on the verge of bankruptcy;
- The restructuring of a subsidiary of a large international industrial company;
Preparation and set-up of a management system for an automobile manufacturer in an Eastern European country;
- Growth support to a project management company.
In the past, Daniel has managed mid-cap and large companies in the technological sector. He has created companies and subsidiaries where he has had to manage growth, mergers & acquisitions, structuration gearing towards an IPO in the following sectors: video games, media, computer software, IT, technology, audio-visual; telecommunications. These companies have given him free reign to manage their units ranging from a few dozen to a few thousand employees.
Daniel has a Masters’ Degree in Electronics from Toulouse University III (1984) and Masters’ Degree (DESS) in Automatics & Robotics from Toulouse University III (1985, cum laude).
Daniel recently wrote a book titled "How to save a company", published at the end of 2014 by Eyrolles Editions, which is currently available in bookstores.