- Barthstraße 16 - 80339 München - Germany
- +49 89 858963409
- Legal Advice, Restructuring, Receivership, Consumer Insolvency Law
- Lawyer, Restructuring & Turnaround Professional
PLUTA Rechtsanwalts GmbH - Berlin
PLUTA Rechtsanwalts GmbH - Nuremberg
PLUTA Rechtsanwalts GmbH - Cologne
PLUTA Rechtsanwaltsgesellschaft mbH (studio legale) - Milan
PLUTA Rechtsanwalts GmbH - Frankfurt
PLUTA Rechtsanwalts GmbH - Bremen
PLUTA Rechtsanwalts GmbH - Dresden
PLUTA Rechtsanwalts GmbH - Stuttgart
PLUTA Rechtsanwalts GmbH - Hanover
PLUTA Rechtsanwalts GmbH - Hamburg
Attorney Ivo-Meinert Willrodt mainly focuses on complex corporate restructuring projects and insolvency proceedings both within Germany and in a cross-border context. For 15 years, the attorney specialising in insolvency law has been regularly appointed as an insolvency administrator by several courts in Germany and has already handled more than 250 corporate bankruptcy cases.
Ivo-Meinert is a sought-after speaker, for example on the topic “European Insolvency Law”.
He has extensive experience in all legal and commercial aspects of corporate restructurings, schemes of arrangements, work-outs, bankruptcies and receiverships, as well as in negotiating, drafting and implementing insolvency plans.
His case experience spans a variety of industries, including the car, manufacturing, retail, solar, ‘grey’ capital market, private equity and telecommunications sectors. Moreover, Ivo-Meinert has gained significant experience in Germany as the Director of a stock-listed (Mid-Cap DAX) private equity company and as the CRO of a German-Austrian company from the energy sector and of a chemical corporation in America.
- Since 2012 Patent Pool Insolvency Proceeding: Trust GmbH and since 2013 Thormann Capital GmbH (Investment Companies from the German “Grey capital market”): Handling and liquidation of the extensive portfolio of business investments of both companies
- 11/2011 - 03/2012 Insolvency Proceeding: Reinhold Meister GmbH and it’s investments (Construction): Management of the on going business, the restructuring and sale of Reinhold Meister GmbH with 327 employees based in Deggendorf (turnover: € 65 million and turnover joint ventures € 100 million). Handling of more than 55 active constructions sites all over Europe.
- 05/2010 - 08/2011 Insolvency Proceeding: Zonzoo GmbH (Telecommunications): Management of the on going business, the restructuring and sale of Zonzoo GmbH with 14 employees based in Munich (turnover of approximately € 20 million in 2010).
- 09/2010 - 11/2010 Insolvency Proceeding: Erasia group (temporary employment company/Solar): Liquidation of Erasia Personnel Management GmbH & Co. KG (turnover € 2 million) with 118 employees and 8 employees in the business segment of assembly of solar parks and solar systems. Asset sale of Erasia Management GmbH and transfer of 25 employees.
- 05/2009 - 11/2009 Insolvency Proceeding: Geiger technologies GmbH (Automotive): Management of the on going business, the restructuring and sale of Geiger technologies GmbH with approximately 600 employees based in Garmisch (turnover € 80 million).
- 08/2008 - 03/2009 CRO of the BEA Elektrotechnik und Automation Technische Dienste Lausitz GmbH (Energy). The company generated with 536 employees at locations in Spremberg, Düsseldorf, Vienna and Eastern Europe 2008 a global turn over of about € 90 million. Management of the restructuring process and the development and management of the new global strategic realignment. Successful sale of the company to private equity market BLUO Fund
- 01/2007 – 03/2009 Secretary and Treasurer of the SKW Chemicals Inc. QUAB US (Chemical). The company generated in 2008 at locations in New Jersey and Alabama a worldwide turnover of approximately $ 25 million. Management and execution of the carve out of QUAB specialty chemicals business from the American Degussa AG and incorporation of the business in the newly established SKW QUAB Chemicals Inc. Successful sale of SKW QUAB Chemicals Inc. to the publicly traded SKW Stahl-Metallurgie Holding AG (S- DAX).
- 11/2003 - 09/2004 Insolvency Proceeding: Carl Abt am Münsterpl. KG (Retail): Management of the on going business, the restructuring and sale of Carl Abt am Münsterpl. KG with 165 employees based in Ulm (annual turnover of about € 20 million). Management and liquidation of the Carl Abbot group with approximately 430 employees (annual turnover € 80 million).
- Lawyer (‘Rechtsanwalt’)
- First State Exam: University of Munich, State of Bavaria
- Second State Exam: State of Brandenburg
- Executive M.B.A HSG (CH)
- Accredited Specialist in Bankruptcy Law
- Fellow of INSOL International
- German, English, French
- German Lawyers Association (DAV)
- Association of Insolvency and Restructuring (DAV)
- Member of INSOL
- Member of ABI
Specialisms and Industry
- Bankruptcy & Corporate Restructuring
- Bankruptcy Law
- Corporate & Commercial Law
- International Disputes
- Automotive, Retail, Investment Companies, Construction, Chemical, Telecommunications, Temporary Employment Company, Solar