- 555 W. 5th Street, Suite 3725, Los Angeles, CA 90013,
- 213 409 6230
- Bankruptcy & Restructuring, Forensic Accounting & Litigation Support, Corporate Finance Advisory, Real Estate Services
- Business Valuation Specialist, Litigation Support Professional, Forensic Accountant, Insolvency Trustee, Restructuring & Turnaround Professional, Turnaround Professional
Michael Spindler is a CPA and Certified Fraud Examiner who brings approximately 40 years of experience to complex disputes including matters related to forensic accounting and business fraud investigations across a wide range of industries. He has provided expert testimony on dozens of occasions in bench trials, jury trials and arbitration proceedings. He has provided Foreign Corrupt Practices Act investigations and training services in various countries around the world, including China, Russia, India and Saudi Arabia. Having conducted numerous high-profile investigations of public company financial statement fraud and other matters, Mr. Spindler has presented his findings to special committees and various government agencies on behalf of clients, including the Department of Justice, Federal Bureau of Investigation, Internal Revenue Service and the Office of Thrift Supervision.
Michael's clients include law firms, corporations, individuals, government agencies and non-profit organizations.
Prior to joining GlassRatner (now doing business as B. Riley Advisory Services), Michael held senior leadership positions with several forensic accounting firms and was a Partner at two national public accounting firms. An experienced public speaker, Michael has authored or co-authored a number of publications on fraud-related topics and developed and presented seminars and courses on forensic accounting and litigation support issues. He is a past President of the Los Angeles Chapter of CALCPA and of the Los Angeles Chapter of the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners. He is also a past member of the Board of Trustees of the CALCPA Education Foundation and of CALCPA Council.
Representative assignments on which Mr. Spindler has worked include:
- Lost Profits/Economic Damage Assessments on behalf of Plaintiffs and Defendants
- Joint venture and shareholder disputes
- Earn-out and compensation disputes
- Fraud Investigations
- Royalty Inspections
- Film and participation audits
- Business manager reviews
- Internal Corporate Investigations in connection with allegations of management fraud, financial statement fraud and internal embezzlements
- Alter ego assessments
- Ponzi scheme investigations
- FCPA investigations and consulting
Michael is a Certified Public Accountant (licensed in California, New York, Nevada, Arizona, Utah and Hawaii), is Certified in Financial Forensics, is Accredited in Business Valuation (both issued by the AICPA) is a Certified Fraud Examiner (issued by the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners) and is a Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist ("CAMS"). Mr. Spindler graduated from the State University of New York at Albany with a bachelor of science degree in accounting in 1981.