- 1st Floor, One-on-Ninth, Cnr Glenhove Rd & Ninth St, Melrose Estate, JHB, 2196 PO Box 92796, Norwood, 2117
- +1 (647) 796-6031
- Restructuring & Turnaround, Restructuring Advisor, Business Rescue, Performance Improvement Services, Implementing Turnarounds, Restructuring Related Services, Support and Advisory Services
- Restructuring & Turnaround Professional
Farber - Toronto
Piers has worked on some of the largest distressed corporate restructurings in South Africa in the last 10 years in various capacities.
Piers is a respected Senior Business Rescue Practitioner, and has taken high profile appointments in Optimum Holdings and Highveld Steel, which are large, complex matters with National significance.
His most recent and current engagement is to lead the Business Rescue of Evraz Highveld Steel, a vertically integrated steel and vanadium producer with turnover of R5billion per annum and 4000 employees.
Piers has managed acquisitions and disposals in the private and listed environment and has been both a Chief Restructuring Officer and director of JSE listed companies gaining experience on a variety of sectors. Piers has worked on several successful turnarounds and taken several appointments as a senior Business Rescue Practitioner and Chief Restructuring Officer.
Qualifications and Memberships
- Bachelor of Commerce (Wits)
- Bachelor of Accounting (Wits)
- Chartered Accountant South Africa, CA (SA)
- Diploma in Auditing (RAU)
- Diploma in Insolvency Law (UJ)
- CIPC Recognised and Approved Senior Business Rescue Practitioner
- Annual speaker at the Gordon Institute of Business Studies MBA elective on restructuring
Industrial Development Corporation panel of restructuring advisors
- South African Restructuring and Insolvency Practitioners Association (SARIPA)
- The South Africa Institute of Chartered Accountants (SAICA)
- Turnaround Management Association (TMA)
- TMA Practice Note CommiNee Advisor