Real Estate Consulting
Zalis provides comprehensive property management & consulting services for complex real estate transactions.
We provide transitional and ongoing asset management and property management for lenders, servicers, equity sponsors and investment owners. We specialize in the turnaround and stabilization of underperforming properties across all sectors of retail, office, industrial, and residential real estate.
Our Method : A Results-Driven Process
Our comprehensive approach to turnaround and stabilization includes all the steps required to organize, manage, protect and improve daily operations, including the following activities.
Situation Assessment & Management
- Reviewing rent rolls and operating statements
- Identifying areas where rents and operating expenses can be managed in an extremely cost-efficient manner
- Analyzing current rental rate trends, vacancy rates, cap rates and absorption rates. Providing valuation opinions
- Benchmarking with the competition
- Conducting a comprehensive physical inspection of the property
- Providing an assessment of tenancies, property condition and the market
- Reviewing rent collection procedures. Modifying procedures as needed to assure the security and control of payments
- Evaluating the performance of the current property manager. Interviewing replacement candidates as needed and making recommendations to owners or lenders
- Reviewing, negotiating and monitoring all operating budgets and capital expense budgets
Tenant Lease Administration
- Advising on leasing agents for new leases and renewals
- Reviewing leasing proposals and negotiating terms on behalf of the investor group
- Confronting above average vacancies with leasing strategies that address market weaknesses or property weaknesses
- Financial Reporting
- Preparing timely, accurate and meaningful financial statements, budgets, forecasts and status reports