- 2405 Grand Blvd., Suite 1210, Kansas City MO 64108
- Bankruptcy & Restructuring, Forensic Accounting & Litigation Support, Corporate Finance Advisory, Real Estate Services
- Restructuring & Turnaround Professional, Turnaround Professional
Brent King is an executive management and financial advisory professional with over 22 years’ experience in distressed management and advisory services and over 32 years experience as a corporate executive leader. Prior to joining GlassRatner (now doing business as B. Riley Advisory Services), Mr. King served as the founder of Prairie Advisors, a middle market corporate advisory firm that placed Mr. King into multiple interim management and advisory roles at heavily distressed corporations. Mr. King has served as the C-level executive or senior advisor to both public and private corporations.
Mr. King has extensive experience leading distressed businesses, operating complex start-ups and advising insolvent businesses. His roles include: CRO of public and private corporations in Chapter 11 bankruptcy; Chapter 11 Trustee; Judicial Receiver; advisor to corporations for pre-bankruptcy planning; forensic investigator of financial fraud; director of patent infringement defense; valuation advisor to buyers and sellers of corporate assets; and liquidator of manufacturing assets and facilities.
Mr. King has worked with corporations in a broad range of industry sectors, including: food and protein processing; production agriculture; biodiesel and ethanol production; metal manufacturing; plastic injection molding; automobile dealers; agriculture equipment dealers; livestock equipment distribution; and livestock and dairy production.
Highlights of Mr. King’s restructuring and executive experience include:
- Ch. 11 Trustee of Hillsboro Community Hospital in Hillsboro, Kansas. Mr. King was appointed Trustee of this rural, critical access hospital in central Kansas.
- Court Appointed Receiver of Moon Ridge Foods, a Midwestern pork processing facility designed to produce pork for Asian markets with up to 5,000 per-day capacity.
- CRO of Grisham Farms, a commercial miller of poultry food premixes that are sourced exclusively from mill rejected, or post dated human food.
- CRO, Financial Advisor, or Court-Appointed Receiver to multiple production agriculture operations including a 5,000 acre row crop farm in Illinois, a 25,000 acre farm in the Central US, a 22,000 acre farm in the Central Plains, and a large mushroom farm in Pennsylvania. Mr. King’s livestock cases include dairy operations from the Southwest US to the Midwest, and large swine facilities in the corn belt.