- Two Pershing Square, 2300 Main Street, Suite 900, Kansas City MO 64108
- Bankruptcy & Restructuring, Forensic Accounting & Litigation Support, Corporate Finance Advisory, Real Estate Services
- Restructuring & Turnaround Professional, Turnaround Professional
Brent King is an executive management and financial advisory professional with over 20 years experience in distressed management and advisory services and 30 years experience as a corporate executive leader. Prior to joining Glass Ratner, Mr. King served as the founder and principal professional of Prairie Advisors, a middle market corporate advisory firm that placed Mr. King into multiple interim management and advisory roles. Mr. King has served as the C-level executive or senior advisor to many public and private corporations.
Mr. King has extensive experience leading distressed business, operating complex start-ups and advising insolvent businesses. His roles include: CRO of public and private corporations in Ch11 bankruptcy; advisor to corporations for strategic planning in pre-bankruptcy periods; forensic investigator of financial fraud; Receiver of distressed real estate developments; Executor/CEO of a distressed real estate holding venture; director of patent-infringement defense; valuation advisor to buyers and sellers of corporate assets; liquidator of insolvent manufacturing facilities; M&A advisor to agricultural equipment and automobile dealerships.
Mr. King has worked with corporations operating in a broad range of industry sectors, including: biodiesel production; ethanol production; metal manufacturing; plastic injection molding; agricultural grain production; automobile dealerships; agriculture equipment dealerships; truck-based logistics; truck body manufacturing; livestock equipment distribution; livestock and dairy production.
Highlights of Mr. King’s restructuring and executive experience include:
- CRO of Nova Biosource Fuels, a publicly traded biodiesel refinery with 60 MGPY capacity and state-of- the-art-facilities. Mr. King led the company through the successful Ch11 that concluded with a $55 million dollar corporate sale to the Renewable Energy Group and Bunge. The sale created a full recovery for the senior secured lender, West LB. Mr. King secured a DIP financing package and managed the corporation to develop and implement this complex asset sale procedure that succeeded in a heavily distressed energy marketplace.
- CRO of Central Illinois Energy, a 50MGPY ethanol manufacturer with grain elevator and electric co-generation facilities. Mr. King led this complex corporate entity with farmer-cooperative ownership from its pre-bankruptcy planning to the post-bankruptcy operations. He secured a $4.0 mil DIP financing package and created a sales process that secured an $80 million dollar bid from Credit Suisse syndicated partners.
- Financial advisor to secured creditors of Terra/Blue Sun Energy, a 15 to 30 MGPY biodiesel refinery with an advanced jet-Biofuel pilot-plant. Mr. King evaluated production system efficiencies, process system modifications, financial projections and monitored company goals through bankruptcy to support an asset sale that concluded the Chapter 11 case.
- Court Appointed Receiver of Eagle Homes (Stonebrook Crossing), an under-construction residential and commercial real estate development in foreclosure. Mr. King prepared detailed analysis of construction status and deficiencies, implemented state and municipally mandated remediation processes and resolved complex adverse possession claims against the property to support an asset sale upon conclusion of the foreclosure process.
- Interim CFO of Kewanee Corporation, a manufacturer of steel doors and vinyl windows in Ch11. Mr. King developed financial and operational systems for the corporation through its Ch11 and created and managed a corporate sales process that led to a full recovery for the senior secured lenders.
- Interim CFO of Classic Coach, a manufacturer of accessible van conversions in Ch11. Mr. King led a forensic investigation team after uncovering management’s bank fraud against second tier lenders and managed a sales process that sold the company’s assets and created a full recovery for the senior secured lenders.
- Interim CEO Ag-Gressor Manufacturing, a truck body manufacturer of self-propelled Ag sprayers in Ch11. Mr. King reorganized the balance sheet and operations of the corporation and secured debt financing for a management group who acquired the assets of the business.
- CEO and founder King Systems, a manufacturer and distributor of swine feeding systems. Mr. King founded this company and served as its CEO and patented-product inventor. During the start-up phase, the business became a defendant in an international patent infringement lawsuit that would protract over a five-year period. Mr. King grew the company and doubled corporate revenues eight times during the five year litigation period. He concurrently conducted a global prior art search that uncovered invalidating prior art and ended the litigation with court imposed sanctions against the plaintiff and its counsel. King Systems’ patented products were used extensively by Tyson Foods, Murphy Farms, Hitch Enterprises and many mid-sized farming operations in the USA and Canada.
Mr. King is a Certified Turnaround Professional and a member of the TMA and ABI. He earned a BFA from Western Illinois University, Macomb, Il, an MFA from Northwestern University, Evanston, IL. He is the named inventor of several US and foreign patents, an instrument-rated pilot, a fine cellist and musician, an experienced woodworker and a graduate of The Leadership Trust.