- 3445 Peachtree Street NE, Suite 1225, Atlanta GA 30326
- (470) 346 6834
- Bankruptcy & Restructuring, Forensic Accounting & Litigation Support, Corporate Finance Advisory, Real Estate Services
- Business Valuation Specialist, Restructuring & Turnaround Professional
Joel Murovitz has over 20 years of experience across all aspects of the real estate industry. In particular, he has a proven track record in:
- Consulting and project engineering
- Market analytics
- Construction Litigation
- Development and Construction Management
- Property and Asset Management
- Property Valuations and Dispositions
- Serving as a court-appointed receiver for distressed real estate and real estate-related businesses
During Joel’s tenure with GlassRatner, he has overseen well over 200 assets of varying types and classes including multifamily, single family, retail, office, industrial, hospitality, c-stores and automotive as the lead for 3rd party property management engagements, administrator of a corporate receivership or as the named receiver directly.
Joel has been appointed in both federal and state courts as the named receiver in nearly two dozen cases and is responsible for the firm’s real estate services including property, asset and construction management as well as leasing and disposition. Joel is also a leading contributor for the firms valuation work on unique real estate assets or transactions and is a senior member of the construction litigation team. His experience and training enable him to creatively solve any operational of physical challenges as well as to analyze what went wrong with a project and why.
Recent cases include:
- Hospitality Receivership: CRE/ADC Venture 2013-1, LLC v. R&M Investors, LLC et al. - Charleston District Court; South Carolina
- Business & Real Estate Receivership: CertusBank, N.A. v. America’s Finest Car Care Center, et al. - Hall County Superior Court; Georgia, 2013
- Agricultural Receivership: Metropolitan Life Insurance Company v. S.P.S. Contracting, Inc. et al. - Marion County Superior Court; Georgia, 2014
- Commercial Real Estate Receivership: 4 U.S. Bank National Association, et al. v. Solid Rock 4047 Investments LLC et al. - Seventeenth Judicial Circuit in and for Broward County; Florida, 2015
- Multifamily/Mobile Home Park Receivership: Colfin Falcon Funding, LLC v. Southwester Yuma Mobile Home Court, LLC et al. - Maricopa County Superior Court; Arizona, 2015
Joel is also Head of BTG Global Advisory’s Real Estate & Construction Industry Sector Group.