- 4400 Post Oak Parkway, Suite 1400, Houston, TX 77027
- Bankruptcy & Restructuring, Forensic Accounting & Litigation Support, Corporate Finance Advisory, Real Estate Services
- Financial Advisor, Management Consultant, Restructuring & Turnaround Professional, Turnaround Professional
GlassRatner - Dallas
Mr. Shapiro joined GlassRatner in 2016 to help found the firm’s Dallas office. He has more than 25 years of strategy, finance and turnaround experience gained from holding corporate management roles and from advising companies in need. Mr. Shapiro’s unique combination of corporate financial management and turnaround skills proves valuable to companies executing a turnaround, developing a plan of reorganization or obtaining capital. Additionally, his significant transactional experience helps companies diligence, execute and integrate corporate transactions. Mr. Shapiro is well regarded for his ability to realize the financial and operational improvements necessary to enhance stakeholder value.
Mr. Shapiro has functioned in executive leadership, interim management and advisory positions for publicly held, privately owned and equity sponsored entities with revenues ranging from $15 million to $15 billion. Industries served include retail, distribution, commercial and financial services, consumer products and telecommunications. Below are some representative roles and assignments:
- CEO for $200 AUM, highly-levered, private equity-sponsored investor in tax lien assets
- CFO for a $5 billion, 2,000 location general merchandise retailer
- CFO for $15 billion distribution company operating in bankruptcy
- CFO for $300 million highly-levered, private equity-sponsored consumer electronics retailer
- CFO for $2 billion international parking operator
- CAO and estate representative for off-airport parking operator under bankruptcy protection
- Financial advisor for distressed provider of wireless telecom services
- Financial advisor and estate representative for media company under bankruptcy protection
Mr. Shapiro has restructured and successfully managed companies through a number of transitional, troubled and distressed situations. His methodology melds hands-on strategic planning and implementation with collaborative stakeholder interaction and he is highly skilled at managing through the cultural changes that affect companies in transition. A sampling of responsibilities at recent engagements includes:
- Developing and executing plans of reorganization for corporate restructurings
- Leading multiple lender-sponsored section 363 auctions
- Serving as estate representative in a number of bankruptcy wind-downs
- Executing an Assignment for the Benefit of Creditors for a privately-owned telecommunications company
- Leading due diligence and integration efforts for multi-billion, multi-state operations in various industries
- Refinancing or recapitalizing balance sheets for public and private equity owned businesses
- Managing forensic accounting work for a post-bankruptcy corporate carve-out
- Outsourcing non-essential functions in corporate restructurings to improve profitability and cash flow
- Developing and implementing critical cash and working capital forecasting and management efforts necessary for turnaround efforts
- Relocating a corporate headquarters from the West Coast to the East Coast while simultaneously re-staffing all finance, marketing, customer service, human resources and IT personnel
- Driving revenue enhancement and cost containment initiatives by leading strategies in sales force management, pricing, process improvement and vendor outsourcing.
- Assessing and strengthening operational areas such as asset acquisition, portfolio allocation, vendor procurement, customer billing, point of sale and risk management
- Supplying financial leadership in the areas of strategic planning, financial planning & analysis, and corporate accounting
Mr. Shapiro has advised on corporate acquisitions and sales of entities with values ranging from $10 million to $1 billion in conjunction with stock offerings, private placements and section 363 auctions. He has negotiated cash-flow-based and asset-based lines of credit, managed complex debt re-capitalizations, and secured debtor in possession facilities in addition to real estate and equipment financing.
Mr. Shapiro received his B.S. in Accounting from The Ohio State University and began his career with Ernst & Young in New York. He is a Certified Public Accountant.