Nigel has 40 years corporate recovery and restructuring advisory experience. He joined the firm in 2003 and is based in the London office. Prior to joining, he was a partner at Deloitte and subsequently took up CRO positions at various companies undergoing restructuring.
Nigel has experience in many business sectors and he specialises in airlines/transport, property and construction, manufacturing, finance and leisure.
Some of his larger cases include Silverjet Plc, British Island Airways Plc, Courtney Pope Plc, Clares Equipment Holdings, Willaire Group Plc, Figurehead Finance Plc, Abingworth Plc, Edencorp Leisure Plc, Mowat Group Plc, Rush & Tompkins Plc, Danair and Alitalia.
Nigel was the Joint Editor of “Guide to Insolvency in Europe” published by CCH Editions.
- Advised the European Commission on the adequacy and viability of Iberia's restructuring plan and a proposed $1bn recapitalization by the Spanish Government.
- Advised Alitalia on their restructuring plan and recapitalization proposals and assisting in negotiating necessary approvals from the European Commission.Advised the banking syndicate to Dan Air (the largest operator at London Gatwick airport) which led to the appointment of turnaround management.
- Acted for banks to Courtney Pope Plc, a quoted conglomerate of 26 companies. Carried out a radical restructure involving receivership for the worst performing subsidiaries, enabling the parent and viable subsidiaries to be acquired by Rubicon plc.
- Appointed Liquidator of secondary bank Figurehead Finance and worked out the loan book over a three year period and distributed resultant funds to creditors.
- As Joint Receiver of Rush and Tompkins plc, a major quoted contractor and property company, negotiated the sale of the contracting division to Ballast Needam NV, a subsidiary of British Aerospace.
- Liquidated over a six year period the investment portfolio of Abingworth Plc, a quoted venture capital trust with some £100m of unquoted investments in technology and bio-technology stocks, mainly in the US and UK.
- Advanced Diploma in Corporate Finance
- Founder member of the Institute for Turnaround (retired)
- Member of INSOL International and INSOL Europe
Nigel is also Head of BTG Global Advisory’s Aviation Industry Sector Group.